Saturday, April 24, 2010

This card was made for my mother in law. My husband and I have been married for 29 years this June, so my MIL is like a mother to me in many ways. She is generous and treats me just like her own daughter. So I wanted to make a very special card for her. This card also satisfies several challenges on SCS. First the QFTD06 game where Cathleen (aka ctorina) was chosen for her skill and kindness. I chose her Dream card to case.

The second challenge was F4A9 where we were challenged to make a vacation card. One of my most recent 'get-aways' was to California this past February. My DH had business and I tagged along. We went to the Botanical Gardens (see Family Life post). One of my many dream vacations is Hawaii. The flowers on this card represent both vacations.

The last challenge was the "ways to Use It" challenge, WT267, where we were to mix pattern papers. I love mixing it up and often do because I love designer paper.

The papers and chipboard flowers that I used in this card are from SEI Mimosa Collection. I purchased them as the CK convention earlier this month. I wish you could see these products in real life as the paper has a shimmer finish, they call it pearl. The chipboard shapes have glitter. My SU! Old olive cardstock matched so I used it for the base. I stamped the blossoms using a retired SU! set called Best Blossoms; first with So Saffron and offset with Summer Sun. The sentiment is in Kiwi Kiss as the Old Olive was just too dark on the white and yellow flowers. What do you think?

Happy Saturday!

Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love the colors you chose, it is a beautiful card and I am sure your MIL will love it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous, Marilyn! I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful RAK card you sent me! LOVE it!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card! Love those chipboard flowers!
Congrats on the 29 years!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful mothers day card-your mil will love it-nice work on all 3 challenges

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely tribute to your MIL and such a lovely card. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful relationship with your MIL, because I certainly don't. It makes life very hardand really hard on a marriage.