Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here, there, & nearly everywhere...except in my studio!


Here, there and everywhere...that's is where I have been except in my studio. It has been a whirlwind of personal fun and professional adventures but I have missed my stamps and creating. It all started the week of March 5th with my oldest daughter coming home for her college spring break~ lots of shopping, movies, chit chatting and relaxing with some good meals in between.

The following week, March 12th, my younger daughter gets home for her college spring break. A few days of overlap where we were all together as a family. Exit older daughter- back to college, more shopping, chit chatting, movies and relaxing with some good meals with younger daughter.

Next, I leave for Atlanta for a professional conference~a very special one that occurs only every 10 years & lucky me, I presented a poster of my teams' work. What an honor! I stayed at a wonderfully luxurious hotel in downtown Atlanta from the 18th-22nd of March. {Secretly, I was wishing I did not have to leave my daughter on her last days before she headed back to college and also I was longing for my own bed.}

Fly home from Atlanta, I'm home for a little over a week, where I scramble to get caught up at work & home- answer tons of emails, do taxes, laundry...you know this part of the story. Then Friday 4/2, hubby and I leave for Indianapolis for the NCAA men's final four basketball tournament.

Another hotel, lots of basketball, lots of people talking about basketball, lots of people buying basketball stuff & lots of TV with basketball & people talking about basketball. It was a blast! On Easter Sunday, we went to church at one of the oldest churches in Indy. This is one of my most favorite things to do when I travel- visit the old churches- the architecture, the art and craftmanship is incredible.

We get home late morning Tuesday, I pack another bag & drive two hours to another professional conference. This was a short one & yesterday I got home around 4 p.m. It has never felt so good to sleep in my own bed. But before going to bed, I made this card for one of my best girlfriends who just became a grandmother. I used the SCS sketch challenge, SC275.

Tomorrow is a pure fun day! The Creating Keepsakes Convention is here!! I took tomorrow off work (even though I am still not quite caught up) and I will also attend on Saturday. A girl's gotta have her priorities & I am sure I can count on it still being there on Monday.

So that's where I've been...here, there, and nearly everywhere. There are a few pictures of my adventures. Whew...what fun, and I am glad to be back with a plan to be in my studio for as long as possible!


Card supplies- all SU! products:
Image: Punches Three
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, White, DP- Pretty in Pink from retired Print Pack
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo
Accessories: 1/4" grosgrain-Pretty in Pink, 3/4" polka dot grosgrain- Melon Mambo, brads- pretty in pink. I did use my bow easy for the tiny corner bows~ gotta' love that bow easy!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow! I thought I was a busy person! Looks like you had some fun time with your family. Hopefully I will get to hang out with my daughter in June.
Your card is just precious!

marilynprestonn said...

Had to come by and just say hello and tell you how much I admire your work. Very well done on the sketch as always, you just amaze me. Love that pink printed flower paper and the sweet little baby pram. Kindly, Peggy

Kim said...

Wow, how fun! I did a closeup on your poster, it looks like interesting and exciting work! Your card is gorgeous too!

kssdesigns said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading all of your fun adventures. Your baby card is beautiful and oh by the way, I'm several shades of green that you get to attend a CK convention! Have fun!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Wow..you are one busy girl! LOL.

Your baby card is just too precious!

LeAnne said...

Wow, you are a busy gal....but you found time to make this cute, cute card! I LOVE it! This was one of my favorite sketches, I know I'll use it over & over!