Friday, April 30, 2010

FS168 Gloria's Tree

I've been trying all week to finish this card, however, other family things took priority. But tomorrow, I have a vacation day from work to play, shop and otherwise goof off. So I stayed up late tonight and did some blogging, craft site viewing and finishing this past Sunday's Featured Stamper's challenge.

It was a special Sunday because my Shabby Chic blog sister, Gloria {see sidebar}, was chosen as the featured stamper. It's not hard to figure out why when you see her amazing gallery and follow her blog.

I chose this card to case. Originally, I started with the Basic Gray Origins paper and I have some matching felt flowers; I was going to add them like Gloria did, but, well... you know how that goes...my idea just didn't look like I imagined, so I took another approach. I still think you can see Gloria's card reflected.

Congrats again, Gloria!

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes(SU!), Tree (Studio g-Hampton Art)
Paper: Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand Vanilla, Close to Cocoa-textured (SU!), DP-Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Photo Vintage (Ranger- Distress Ink)
Accessories: oval and oval scallop-Nestabilities (Spellbinders), MS punch, buttons (Oriental Trading), sponge, household twine
Technique: Distressing, paper piecing

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Marylin....you are the sweetest! Love your card..it is gorgeous! Thanks for being the first to post my Blog Candy! HUGS Gloria

Crystal said...

OOOOOOO I love the earth tones sweetie, what a gorgeous card!

Kim said...

I love the earth tones and beautiful buttons!