Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fresh Apples

Today's card is a combination of SCS challenges and games. First and most importantly, the Queen for the Day (QFTD05) this past Friday was a wonderful woman and stamper, Coffeestamper, aka Sue. Sue is one of the nicest people on SCS, she is encouraging and supportive. She does amazing things with paper and ink and so I really wanted to make a card in her honor even though it is late. I cased her card called You're a Star. I kept her basic layout, the color of red and blue and the ribbon. I changed the papers, image, and traded the ribbon slide for a brad-flower-bow embellishment.

Last week the Inspirational Challenge (IC228) was crate labels. I had just purchased the retired SU! set "farm fresh', so it seemed like Kismet that I should play. I've loved the 'farm fresh' set since I first started stamping but it retired before I could purchase. It reminds me of home and country living as well as the decor of my first kitchen. I chose this crate label.

The last challenge was Monday's Technique Lovers' Challenge (TLC269) to incorporate piercing.

If you're still reading...I am going to boast a bit because I am so proud of myself, I have finally made a card with sewing that I can feel ok about posting. I know lots of you sew on cards but even with a new little Janome sewing machine, I just couldn't get the hang of it.

Thanks for stopping by! Over the next several days I will be posting a card set and box that I made, so please stop back by.

Hugs, Marilyn

Supplies:
Image: Farm Fresh (SU!)
Paper: White (Neenah), Brillant Blue, Real Red, Not Quite Navy from Pattern Pack (SU!), Red pattern (DCWV mat stack)
Ink: Black craft (SU), markers- Real Red, Green Galore, YoYo Yellow, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Embossing powder (SU), piercer (Tonic-Tim Holtz-one of the best tools ever- it's retractable!), Boho blossoms punch (SU!), red plaid brad (Target-outdoor adventure collection), blue flower (prima), ribbon (Michaels-textured trios), sewing machine, thread.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful card Marilyn! So Americana! The brad on the flower is a perfect touch!
If you didn't catch my blog post yesterday (Finding Friends on My Journey), you need to go check it out! :-)

Crystal said...

Fantastic card Marilyn!!!!