Friday, April 30, 2010

Daisies

Never before have I combined five challenges in one card...I certainly don't have the talent like Neva (aka n5stamper on SCS) but this week the challenges flowed together. If you've never run across Neva's work, check out her blog- she combines challenges like nobody's business. She's amazing!

Here are the five challenges I combines:
CC268- Old Olive, Barely Banana, Ballet Blue
MMTPT91- bring a daisy to the tea party
SC278- 'nuf said
WT268- use chipboard- my scallop frame is chipboard covered in barely banana
F4A10- make a floral card

You know, blue is my favorite color and there are six blues leaving the SU! color palette including ballet blue that I used as my card base above. I love change and new things so I won't whine {too much} especially since there are still lots of blues in the new colors- I count a total of seven. The blue shade faired better than purple; surprisingly only two purples remain~ and no pastel purple/lavender. I you haven't see this, Mary Fish has all the details on her blog, Stampin' Pretty.

I made my flower but using my 1-3/4 circle punch on white tissue paper; then stacked all the layers and free handed cut flower petals, added the corduroy button, and twisted the tissue paper so that the petals were not longer perfectly aligned, and a smooched it a bit.

I added Pearly Glimmer Mist (tattered angels) but it doesn't show up very well.

Have a great day, friends!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful sweetie, love those daises and that frame was GREAT!!!!!

Neva said...

OMGosh Marily, 1st let me say that this is just down right GORGEOUS and great job combining all of those challengs. Whoo Hoo.
2nd, what an honor to be spoken of so highly from a fellow crafter. Thank you so much, you have certainly made my day, week, and year.

kssdesigns said...

Darling card! I love the tissue flowers. I just learned how to use one of my nesties with coffee filters to achieve a similar look. Nicely done!

Kim said...

Beautiful card, especially the flower! I am sad to see the blues go too, I need to stock up!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love this, Marilyn!

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is awesome Marilyn! Great job on FIVE challenges...you go girl!