Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sew Happy

Hello friends! If you've seen some of my previous postings or my Splitcoaststampers gallery, you know that I really like sewing themed cards. I have a few sewing stamps, however when this set came out in the SU! Occasions Mini catalog, it didn't take much to convince me to purchase it. And I am very happy that I did as I don't think it showed up in the new 2011-2012 SU! catalog and therefore it is no longer available.

One of the reasons, I love sewing themed cards is (& I may have mentioned this before) that both of my grandmothers were seamstresses; one of them helped feed her family during the Depression by mending and making clothes. Until I was in middle school, my mom made all my school dresses (yes- I'm old & had to wear dresses to school! LOL!) My sister is a fabulous seamstress, but I find that it makes me nervous to make clothes. I can do small craft projects & Halloween costumes because they don't have to be perfect & only need to last a night. (LOL!) But despite the fact that I didn't inherit the family "sewing gene" I did inherit several sewing treasures from past generations including my mom's sewing cabinet which my dad made & my maternal grandmother's treadle sewing machine. Anyway...all supplies are SU!

This card works for the Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger. Here's the inspiration photo entitled: Rainbow Bright.

 

I made fourteen of these cards for my stamp club girlfriends. I think that you can tell that this week I have a pretty literal interpretation of the inspirational photo with the spools of turquoise and orange thread. I just wish the sewing themed trend in cards would continue forever!

This also works for the Moxie Fab "Sew Excited" challenge where we are to make sewing themed cards  in honor of the May/June issue of PaperCrafts magazine. I love this publication, don't you? There are so many ideas and styles that it really gets my mojo going. I sure hope it's "legal" that I entered the same card for two Moxie Fab challenges.

Have a great one!
Hugs,

Marilyn

Supplies: All SU!
Stamps: Sew Suite
Paper: White,Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, DSP-Pumpkin Pie (retired)
Ink: Black, Real Red; Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1/2 circle punch used to ticket punch corners, scallop punch

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome card...

Bellaidea said...

very pretty!
http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/2011/06/amazing-dreams.html

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card Marilyn! love the spools of thread and bright colors!

Julie said...

Really cute! I have that set too and just love it :)

Jessi Fogan said...

So sweet - I love the layout & those spools of thread! I love even more your family story behind your love of sewing "stuff" :) Thanks for sharing all of it :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marilyn! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marilyn! Thanks also for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)