Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dog Gone It

Hello friends! How's your week going? So far, I'm off to a fab start. This past Friday night and Saturday night, I stamped & cropped with friends. I was pretty proud of myself as I got eight scrapbook pages done or near done. I usually do more visiting than I do creating, but I was pretty prepared with all my pictures sorted and all my supplies. I have to add a few titles (needed my Cricut for that) and a little journaling, but the pictures, embellishments and layouts are done. I'll post when I get the set done. 



So today I made the card above for two challenges. The Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge (SC328) to use Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and a neutral. The other challenge was the Clean & Simple Fall to Layout (FTL145) to use the sketch below. Don't you just love both?! After I got my card underway, I thought what a great color combo for holiday cards.  Have you made any holiday cards yet? I've been thinking about it...oh well, tomorrow is another day!



Hope you have a great rest of your week. Thanks for stopping & see ya soon! 
Hugs,
Marilyn

Supplies:
Image: Dog Gone It (The Digi Shack)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Night Of Navy, Crumb Cake (SU), White (Neenah)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa (SU retired), Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, So Saffron (SU)
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder (SU), 1-1/4"Night of Navy striped grosgrain

5 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fabulous clean and simple card. Love the colors and the embossing.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful craftsmanship, Marilyn!! Love your colors and layering!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Love how you used these colors on this card. That wide ribbon is scrumptious!!! Super cute!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

I love this card!!!!!such a lovely image and awesome layout!!!!
tfs:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn, The texture on this card is great. I also love the wide ribbon.