Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage Valentine

This is today's second post, please scroll down.
Yesterday when I was shopping with my youngest daughter, she helped me pick out some new things. Mind you, I don't need a single thing, but I like playing with the fun trends and the new papers, colors, stamps and embellishments. She helped me keep my purchases reasonable. Anyway, I bought Valentine Ephemera (die cut card stock) from K & Company. The vanilla rose is new Stampin Up Mini Occasions catalog embellishments (page 15) called Vintage Flower Adornments; a close-up is below. These flowers gorgeous & more beautiful IRL than in the catalog. The ribbon and lace were purchased in December with plans of using them on holiday cards, but that just didn't work out. It really is a pretty collection from Making Memories called Noel. Now, it's probably on sale somewhere; I got mine at Michaels.

This card was made for several challenges:


Supplies:
Image: Valentine Ephemera (K & Company)
Paper: Real Red, Vanilla, Pixie Pink,  DP- Bella Rose (SU)
Accessories: Red button from stash, Vintage Flower Adornments (SU), Christmas Red Stickles (Ranger), Crochet ribbon & red sparkle trim (Making Memories).

Thanks for looking at my blog. Scroll down for a second post for today. Have a great week! {{Hugs}}

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW what a FABULOUS vintage Valentine!! beautiful!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very creative and vintage indeed with the clown. Thanks for playing in our Color of Love challenge.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous & perfectly vintage card! Love all the new goodies you've added...I really need to get me some more SU stuff...LOL!!! Awesome details to your card! Hugs ~S~

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful vintage valentine.

Leslie Miller said...

Very cool! This looks wonderful with all the vintage elements. So glad you could join us at Flourishes!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous card... I love vintage!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com
(I would love for you to come by my newbie blog.... there's not a lot there, but I'm working on it & I have a blog candy going on
right now)

Tracey T said...

This is such a lovely vintage card - the die cut image is very effective! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week - hope to see you again soon! Tracey x

Sandy Ang said...

What a wonderful clown image on your card. And so very trendy as everything circus related is hot~!

Deelite said...

Such fun shopping with your daughter for new supplies. Love this vintage look on your card, of course you don't do much I don't like. hehe