Sunday, February 21, 2010

Puppy Congrats


We just returned home today from sunny California; boy~~ was it nice to get away from the cold and snow. Brian had a business trip and I tagged along. While he was working, I was reading, sitting in the sun, or shopping. What luxury & I really needed a break from work! Yesterday, we went to Huntington Gardens and Museum (in Pasadena). We saw one of the few remaining Gutenberg bibles and a few famous pieces of art such as 'Blue Boy" by Thomas Gainsborough & Pinkie by Thomas Lawrence. We walked in the Japenese Gardens~ oh, how beautiful!

I am happy that I got home early enough to play the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS because one of my favorite ladies, Judi Rose (aka jovialjudi) was our FS. I chose this card of Judi's to case. I kept the basic design and the Swiss dot CB background. I changed the image, the colors and sentiment. I used both sponging and the spritzer tool for the background. In onder to achieve the white border around the dog, I used my clear dog stamp and held it in place (like I was stamping but without the mount) and sponged and spritzed away. I like this look and it is a lot easier than making a mask.

Supplies:
Stamps: Dogs, Round Frames (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Soft Suede, Basic Black (SU!), White (neenah), DP- Doggie Words (Paper Studio)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Small oval punch, 3/4 circle punch (SU), Oval and scallop oval nestabilities (Spellbinders), white pen (Signo), sponge, Spritzer tool, Cuttlebug


Have a great week!

9 comments:

Peggy said...

I was thinking the other day that you were being very quiet! Isn't it wonderful to get away and have some peaceful time? I am looking to that myself real soon!!
Love the pictures. The Japanese garden is absolutely beautiful and so are you! :)
Your card is sweet as it can be!

Lynn McAuley said...

How wonderful to spend a little time away from the cold in sunny California!!

Great job with this adorable card!! Cute, cute, cute!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm so jealous, Marilyn...when I was in California for CHA it was cold and rainy...that shouldn't happen, ya know? I'm glad you had a good time, and your trip certainly gave you a creative edge. This card is awesome!

Julia Aston said...

What a nice trip you had Marilyn! thanks for sharing the pics - that Japanese garden looks so serene! Love your pup card with the fun DP and cute doggie!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, love your card!!

LeAnne said...

Marilyn, thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog!!! This is ADORABLE! I can't say that this image was ever one of my favorites, but you have made it into something CUTE!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a creative card! I like how you did the dog image! Great colors, texture, and paper too!

Silke Ledlow said...

So happy to see you had a chance to escape with your hubby!!! The garden in the BG looks wonderful and what a beautiful photo of you!!!

Your card is awesome...love the fun doggy DP!!! Perfect case - Marilyn!!! Hugs ~S~

Gloria Dojlido said...

So glad you enjoyed your mini vacation!!

Your card is just lovely...I like the texture and the colors you used.