Friday, November 13, 2009

Holiday Ornaments

I took a day off work for a 'me' day. It's nice when there is no schedule, no 'gotta' do's and I can enjoy doing what I love- stamping!! I am preparing for my monthly get together with my 'crafty girlfriends'. Today, I am making several different 'template' cards, and then cutting all the components so that tomorrow I can stamp and put the cards together at our gathering. I am much more productive and I've found that I can be a better listener and conversationalist if I don't have to create from scratch. I am excited about seeing my friends as it has been several months since I have been able to attend.

I am happy that I purchased the SU! ornament punch and matching set as it is so versatile. I knew I like it but never thought I'd love it the way I do. Once again, I am wanting postal friendly cards. There are numerous great cards in the SCS gallery using the Decorative Decorations set which is especially good for me because I lost my mojo. I cased this card from the gallery. I've learned that when I lose my mojo, I just need to start case'ing cards...pretty soon I'm back in the swing of things.

I am also thrilled about my new watermark from Karen Giron. Karen is a SCS "dirty Dozen" alumni who is a fabulous artist. I love everything she creates! Anyway...about the watermark- she prepares personalized watermarks and sells them at a very resonable price. You can get yours from her blog.

Have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)
Paper: Old Olive, WW, Real Red (SU!), DP- Christmas Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red (SU!)
Accessories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (CB-Provocraft); Red satin ribbon (Michaels), Silver cord (SU!); Ornament and Modern Label punches (SU!), Red rhinestone brad (Studio 18)

No comments: