Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Not So Scary" Foursome

Happy Thursday, Bloggers! I hope you are having a great week. More Halloween cards from me. For those Halloween cards to arrive at their destination on time, they need to be in the mail by Saturday. So I hoping to finish the remainder by tomorrow. This card was made for the Pals Paper Arts (PPA 145) challenge. This week it is a sketch from Margaret Moody as shown below.

Pretty cool sketch, don't you think? I am sure that I will use it again; love the banner!

I've mentioned that I am on a buying moratorium, it is partly financial (to save a few dollars but no need for alarm there is still food in the pantry!) and partly to downsize or better put 'rightsize' my supplies. My studio is overflowing & it is hard to find my creativity in all of "the stuff", hard to keep organized, and thus at times, it is hard to find a clear horizontal surface to make a card. So anyway this stamp set is one of the culprits, it was one that I purchased because it was 'too good of a deal to pass up". Did I really need another Halloween set? Of course not! My Marshalls had the set of 8 Inkadinkado acrylics for $1.99 & they were labeled as past season. I thought they were cute & how could I pass up such a good deal?! Does this one stamp set take up that much space? No but five, ten or fifteen of these really good deals each month really does take up lots of room. So my mantra now is: "You live in the land of plenty, there will be more _(Fill in the blank)_ when you really need it." In other words- No Hoarding, no buying just because it is a good deal. 

I'd love to hear your strategies on keeping your supplies in check. If I get lots of ideas, I will devote an entire post to the topic. Feel free to email me if you'd like to remain anonymous.

Have a great day! Marilyn

Supplies: 
Stamps: Trick or Treat (inkadinkado)
Paper: white (Neenah), Black and Only Orange (SU)
Designer Paper: Happy Halloween (Echo Park) - another really good deal but I don't recall the details
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (Tsukineko); SU markers
Accessories: Black Grosgrain ribbon (retired SU)
 
 



5 comments:

Kim S said...

Great patterns behind that charming image!

Sara I. said...

Love the papers and awesome sketch which is just perfect with the image! xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Love that cute-cute image! Great card!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a super cute halloween card! I love the layout and papers.

LeAnne said...

Marilyn, I am with you on the constant need to increase my stash...oh my craft room is overflowing too! I am trying so hard not to buy any more 6x6 pads...my downfall! Your little Halloween set was such a bargain, though! I wish I could figure out a way to pare down my stash but so far haven't made any progress on that!
Thanks, also, for all your sweet comments on my cards lately...I don't have your email address so I can't respond! Have a great day!