Sunday, October 7, 2012

Keep Calm & Shop On

Hi Friends! How are you? All is well in St. Louis. Our weather has turned cooler; probably like your neck of the woods. My DH and I are doing some re-decorating of our home- wallpaper removal, new paint, & new decor. We've also been downsizing. Since we started mid-summer, we've made three trips with a filled SUV to our local Goodwill. Since I am home full-time now, I thought I'd be creating cards & on-line checking out galleries & challenges, but I haven't been. I am having a lot of creative fun in our home though but I feel a little rusty with my card making...whenever I get away from creating daily then I am much slower & also more indecisive about the details. Let's see if I can get back into the daily routine. I enjoy it so much when I play in the studio every day!

My card today is for the CR84FN challenge. The colors are light blue, yellow and green. I chose to use River Rock as my background base to coordinate with my focus of green. I rarely use River Rock so I thought it would be good to switch it up. My DP is from my 6x6 pad of Basic Grey Picadilly. I just love this color combo from CR84FN- my Studio is painted in colors similar to Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery so I wanted to challenge myself to use a different green. I was so indecisive about the big brad, ribbon and blue floral embellishment that the card stayed on my desk for two days- I changed the embellishments numerous times & finally just made a decision on what you see here. Below is a close-up. What do you think?



Thanks for stopping! I'll be back later tonight to see your galleries,
Hugs, Marilyn

Supplies:
Stamps: Carry On (SU!)
Paper: River Rock (SU!), White (Neenah)
DP: Picadilly (Basic Grey)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight (Sponged edges of nestie shape) (SU!)
Embellishments: Jumbo Grommet in white, Vintage Flower in Blue, 3/8" Old Olive ribbon (SU!), White Large Glitter Brad (hiding under flower) (Americal Crafts), Labels 4 Nestability (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Marilyn! Love the sentiment and fancy flower embellishment! Did you make that from resin? It is gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Love this sentiment!!! I'm always calm when shopping, not sure about hubby though :) Great papers and the rose is really sweet. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Deelite said...

What a lovely card. I like this color combo a lot! So glad to hear you are home full time now, and have the time to catch up on things around the home. I will be sure to watch for all your new creations on here. Enjoy!
Dee

Pauline said...

This is lovely, I like the resin flower and pretty papers!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Heather Rogers said...

This is super sweet. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN. Hope we will see you for the next color combo. :)

Maria said...

Pretty colors for a beautiful card! Gorgeous resin flower...love it!