Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mermaid Wishes TDSC11

This time of year in St. Louis the temperatures have been near 100; and with our humidity the heat index is well over 100. It is days like this that make me wish I was a mermaid, swimming in the cold ocean water all day long! This beauty is another one from The Digi Shack and for the sketch challenge happening over there today.

This also qualifies for the WT224 challenge or the Ways to use it challenge over at SCS. The challenge was to use bold, bright colors.

I had a lot of fun sponging with Baja Breeze after I colored the mermaid, Lani. Her tail fins are one of the new SU! colors called Bermada Bay. I love that SU! is offering the new in colors in markers this year.


Recipe:
Image: Mermaid- The Digi Shack

Paper: Bermada Bay, Baja Breeze, Gable Green, DSP- Basic Grey-Euphoria pack
Ink: Bermada Bay, Baja Breeze, Green Gable, Green Galore, Creamy Caramel, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom
Accessories: SU! Texturz plate- backgrounds 1, primas from stash

3 comments:

Crystal said...

She is just SOOO CUTE! Love the sponging and the frame looks awesome...what a great design!!! ADORABLE!!!

Ginny said...

LOVE that image, fab card :0)

thanks for the comment on my blog, I keep track of all my challenges on a spreadsheet, can send it to you if you want :0)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love this! You colored her beautifully! :)