Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY!!!
Here is my creation for my father-in-law. He enjoys watching TV in his recliner so this image from The Digi Shack is just perfect for him. Years ago he was a golfer and fisherman, but he has slowed down. Now he mainly watches golfing and fishing on TV along with Cardinal baseball.
On another post, I blabbered on about how much I like this retired SU! DSP called Prestwick~ the colors and patterns are so masculine. And although I sometimes miss my old favorites, I love new products. The ever-changing, updated & trendy products is one of the things that attracks me to this hobby. It is fun and refreshing to try new merchandise.
Speaking of new- I just received my SU! sneak peek, new 'in colors' and hostess products from the 2009-2010 SU! catalog. PLUS I received my new catalog. Anyone else have theirs? What do you think??
For me it's "Oh my...great new stuff!" The under $10 page has some fantastic images that will be perfect for the fall and winter holidays. IMHO, the new 'in colors' - soft suede, dusty durango, crushed curry, melon mambo, rich razzleberry and bermuda bay - are just awesome. {I am still trying to memorize the names. }
And although I have had plenty of time with my new catalog because I've carried it everywhere, I haven't gotten to play with my other new toys- the papers, inks and sets because we have been traveling. As much as I enjoy seeing new places, I am happy to be home for a while.
Enough chit chat-= about my card. I used my copic markers to color the image. I like how it turned out but I am still learning. Any good on line places to learn a little more copic skills? I have heard about the certification, but I am not ready to travel for it. Suggestions?
Have a great day with the special men in your life!
Recipe:
Digital Image: Recliner from The Digi Shack
Paper: Brillant Blue, WW, DSP-Prestwick (retired SU!)
Ink: Copics- B29 ultramarine, B39 Prussian Blue, YG03 Yellow Green, G17 Forest Green, E09 Burnt Sienna, 100 Black, Y13 Lemon Yellow, E00 Skin white
Accessories: Corner Punch, Brillant Blue Brads

6 comments:

~*Joni said...

What a perfect image for your FIL Marilyn!! I keep forgetting about this one, but it suits my FIL to a tee. ;) Love the colors you chose for this, it is so masculine and well put together. Beautiful card and an even nicer thought that you know so much about your FIL!! :D btw, I saw the new SU stuff - the IC are fun although Dusty Durango sounds like a movie star's name. teehee! Happy Sunday Marilyn!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun and fabulous Father's Day CArd. It sounds perfect for your DH. I'm sure he will get a kick out of it!

Crystal said...

What a GREAT FD CARD...how FUN, love those colors too!!

jjcreations said...

Awesome Father's day card! Love the corners with the argyl paper.

Jacilynn said...

How cute! I did a father's day card with this too today. Great minds. Super cute card Marilyn

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE your card, Marilynn! :)