Sunday, June 14, 2009

Friends are like good coffee...

I am so fortunate to have friends across the United States; and even more lucky to have spent time with some of those friends this past week. I just returned from my professional conference which was held in Fort Lauderdale this year. Because I am part of the planning committee, I go a few days early and stay a few extra days after the conference. Eight days away from home & my stamps is a little long for me, but seeing my friends made it worthwhile.

This is a card I whipped up late last night for yesterday's Inspirational Challenge on SCS. The paper is Chocolate Chip, and the retired Wild Wasabi~ I still love that color, but I am just about out. The DSP is from the {very old} retired SU! Petal Patch~ which I am still hording. I think I will use it up this summer.

The paper piercing was done with Tim Holtz's retractable craft pick. This is one of the best purchases I have made recently. At around $5 it can't be beat. First- the pointy end retracts so no more getting poked when reaching into my bag. Second, the pick gradually increases in width so holes can be made bigger by exposing more of the pick.
That is how I got the paper pierced holes bigger than usual with the normal paper piercer. The scissors are also fantastic, but more about that another day.

I used my silver sparkle gel pen on the bottom of the coffee pot to resemble the silver bottomed pots. I doubled up two buttons- the green one was from my stash and the brown from SU! retired earth elements and neutral buttons.

Have a great SUnday! I'm off for the day~ see you all later tonight!

Recipe:
Stamps: My Cuppa Joe by Rupa Shevde for Gina K Designs
Paper: WIld Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, White, DSP- Petal Patch (retired SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Black
Accessories: Silver sparkle Jelly roll pen (sakura), Buttons- green from stash, brown- retired SU!
Techniques: Paper piercing using Tim Holtz's retractable pick, watercoloring using aqua painter, sponging
Ink:

6 comments:

Kim said...

Great card! I love the coffee post stamp, nice coloring getting it to look a little transparent. And I really like your color combo!

Crystal said...

Wow what a great card and colors, love your layout!

Amy Johnson said...

How good to see you finally able to post again. We missed you! Love your card. I just love the paper and colors with this image. cute button too!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card Marilyn! I was in Ft Lauderdale week before last, we probably just missed each other!!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Fabulous card. I love it! Glad you had a safe trip.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great card - love the colors, DP, and double button!