Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Teacher Thanks

This card was made for this week's Splitcoaststampers (SCS) Sketch Challenge (SC226). Roxie, the hostess of this challenge, always finds the best sketch's and this one was from Wendybell. She is an expert stamper; here's her card and here is Roxie's card. I started doing the challenges on SCS in January 2007. More than anything else, it was SCS that helped me develop my cardmaking skills>>I'd read what others were doing, play the challenges, and view the 'galleries' for hours. I learn so much from all the talented artists there that I make it a habit to spend time there every day & hours on the weekend.

My youngest daughter is finishing her last year of high school with finals ending next week. She gets so busy & focused with her studies that inevitably on the day or two before school lets out, she comes to me for presents and cards. This year I will be prepared with gift cards to bookstores and teacher thank you's.
The card was made with a Real Red (RR) base, topped with Whisper White. Summer Picnic is the retired Designer Series Paper (DSP); it's called Summer Picnic and was from last year's Occasions mini catalog. The DSP is mounted on Real Red. The corners of the top layer of DSP were rounded with the retired SU! corner rounder. The apple was stamped with Real Red craft ink and embossed with Crystal Clear powder. I mounted it on several layers of scalloped circles and circles using SU! punches and Nestability scallop circles & loads of SU!dimensionals. {Of all the foam adhesives, I love the SU dimensionals the best because the pieces are pre-cut, small and easy to get off the backing. Plus quite a reasonal price!} The bottom layer of scallops is dotted using a RR marker. The sentiment is "elegant Thank you" and is from the current catalog 'under $10' page. I did not want the scrolls so I used my marker to color the 'thank you'. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get perfect placement.
Have a great day!
Recipe:
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Elegant Thank you (SU-Solo stamp)
Paper: Real Red, WW, DSP-Summer Picnic (retired)
Ink: Real Red (craft), RR marker
Accessories: Scallop punch, Circle punches, Scallop nesties, crystal clear stampin' emboss powder

2 comments:

~*Joni said...

Oh what a pretty card! The colors are so vibrant and fun, and you are right - this is an awesome sketch/layout. I love the coordinating DP, so perfect for teachers (or a doctor - an apple a day haha!). You are doing a fabulous job with all the SCS challenges, your blog always has the prettiest cards. :D

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute card! I like the way you made that apple "pop" off the card!