Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pulling for You

Here's my take on the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The FS was Jaymerz; she has one awesome gallery. I chose this card to case. I kept the sketch and the row of three brads. I eliminated the ribbon, added paper piercing and changed the image, sentiment and colors.

I chose this wonderful image from The Digi Shack. I've already blabbed about how much I love being able to print the image whatever size I want so I won't carry on again. I made the sentiment on the computer using Angelina font. The paper is from the Offbeat collection from Basic Grey. The brads are BG too. I really love BG designer papers and especially this collection as it is funky fun {just as the name implies}!

I watercolored the image using my aquapainter and ink. The bird was painted first in Baja Breeze and then light layer of Pacific Point on top; a little darker around the edges. The beak was colored with a marker first, then with ink and aquapainter. The "Early Bird's" eyes were colored with a light hand using barely banana marker.

Congratulations Jamie! Enjoy your day!

Digital Image- "The Early Bird" from The Digi Shack
Paper: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, WW (SU!), DP- Offbeat (Basic Grey)
Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Summer Sun, Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Sentiment-Computer generate- font- Angelina; brads (Basic Grey); paper piercing, watercoloring with aqua painter

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!! Hope you are well...
-t

Dawn B. said...

This is such a sweet image. My son was out in the rain today looking for worms to fish with. He needed this little one to help. Super job.

Dawn Frost said...

I love this image. I was busy buying images on opening day and I didn't get that one. Hmm it might be time to shop again, lol!