Hi Friends! I so very happy today as I started my new job. YAY!!! I'm one of those ladies who would rather be working than staying at home. And I am blessed to have a profession that I love. So being back at work is a real blessing for me...I think my family might have been worried that I was going a little "nutso". But enough about work...let's get to some fun!
Today I want to share with you my first "Project Life- My Way" page. I know it looks different that other Project Life pages that are being created, so let me explain.
1) Use only 4X6 photos- I will photo edit them on the computer but I am not going to crop, or use many different sizes of photos. I've used the beautiful sketches with the many different sized photos on a page & it makes it too complicated for me & takes forever to complete pages.
2) Use pre-existing supplies. That is the main reason that my pages look so different. I am not buying the kits or the special page protectors. I need to use what I have & boy do I have a lot of scrapbook supplies. I'm mainly a card maker & a wanna-be scrapbooker so over the years I've bought 12X12 pads of paper, kits, stickers, letters, you name it, I've probably got it. It is all waiting for me to use it. So that is what I am going to do. Please note this is not a hard & fast rule...I did buy some cute chevron paper in different colors that I'll use for cards too. And probably some journal cards later. But Im not buying another kit until I've used a lot of what I already have.
3) Journal every day. I am keeping my entries in my i-phone as an appointment entry for each day. I write a little bit. I will later hand-write these on journal cards when I am putting the pages together with the pictures. I know that this is double work (which I am usually very opposed to) but for now it works as I always have my phone with me. If I try to complete a journal card each day to go directly into onto the page, I won't be successful as I won't have the journal cards where I need them.
4) Each month has a color scheme. That color scheme will be used on all the pages & I will often be using the same designer papers & embellishments from the same line or kits. This will keep it easy. For January, it's BLUE- my fav!! February will be red & pink. I'll set up my station with the supplies for the month.
5) ENJOY the process!! This is not going to be stressful! I am going to be forgiving of myself if things don't work out 100% perfect. I WILL keep evaluating how I can reach my goal of documenting our daily lives & adapt my way to make "Project Life" a reality.
It is close to the end of the month & so far, I've kept up with picture taking & journaling but all the pages are not together. This is mainly because I don't have printed photos- I am not happy with my photo printer output. I am investigating some alternatives to printing at home.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day! Hugs, Marilyn