Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stamp Club Swap for July

Happy Sunday, friends! I'm starting on my swap cards for next month's stamp club. My typical process is to design one card, a template. Then I cut the pieces for the 12 cards, stamp for 12 & then assemble. This process works good for me; I can assemble the cards while watching ballgames on TV with DH. That way I don't spend all my time alone in the studio & away from my sweetheart.

I used the sketch from Freshly made Sketches but I flipped it. This is really quite a versatile sketch & I'm sure I use it again and again.



I used the new SU! in-color "Midnight Muse" for the ship image. I double {Heart} love these new ink pads from SU! SO easy to get the stamp inked & it gives such a crisp image. The DP is retired Nautical Expedition that I got on sale in the SU! clearance section. I didn't purchase it the first time around & was thrilled when it was on sale. My red is SU! Cherry Cobbler that is embossed with the Square Lattice folder & the twine is from my local dollar store.  Easy peasy! Hope the stamp club ladies like it!

Have a great day! Hugs, Marilyn

8 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

There's no way your stamp club ladies will not like this! Every time I see the wonderful cards made with this set, I kick myself that I don't have it! I love that bit of rustic twine too. It adds to the nautical theme! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Great nautical look! Love the added twine as well - great card!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful card! I love the texture and the nautical colors. The twine is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

O wow this is gorgeous, love the style, so elegant and clean xxx

Jen Sannes said...

A wonderful masculine card! I love your clean and simple take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along!

Lesley said...

Nice job, great way to flip the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic layout for this set. I had laid one out, but it didn't look this good so I didn't adhere it. I think I'll take another look at it after this inspiration.

kssdesigns said...

So very manly! ;-) Guy cards are so hard to make and you did a great job.