Thursday, June 21, 2012

Retired Color Banner Card

Happy Thursday!
I am just getting around to posting my swap card from May. I saw something similar to this card on E-bay (of all places). You know, one of those 'kits' that includes all the ingredients to make 5 or so cards. The buyer just has to put the cards together. If I remember correctly that E-bay card had flowers instead of stars & I don't recall the paper, but the sketch is basically the same although I think I switched up the lengths of the banners.

I used this past year's retiring In Colors Designer Papers. (Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, & Blushing Bride). The banners are 1 inch wide & I cut a layer that was 5 inches wide by 3.75 inches long. It was easy then to lay my five one inch strips down with precision. Then I popped the whole panel up on dimensions. It took quite a while to make 12 cards, but the ladies seemed to really like this one.

Have a great day! Hugs, Marilyn

6 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! What an awesome design Marilyn!! This makes me happy! LOVE!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I really love this. I'm always looking for quick and easy cards to make. What a great idea to use up scraps too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness dearie!! Also thanks on the kind words!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marilyn, first - what a neat way to use up skinny strips of ANY paper, but especially retiring colors! I might have to CASE you. :D

Second, thanks so much for dropping by my blog to tell me you saw my artichoke card. Glad you saw it! Thanks!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun b'day card Marilyn - good for a guy or a girl! love all the colorful papers, the banners and stars!

Peggy said...

I am loving this card Marilyn! I have pinned it as I will definitely be casing it!