Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Wishes

Happy Spring! I know, I've said that phrase on almost every post since the beginning of March, but I just can't help myself! 
I am so happy for the warmer weather, nature's colors and the promise of driving the convertible on a regular basis. LOL! 
Back to stamping...my creation is for two challenges. The first a sketch challenge from the Clean & Simple Blog (FTL182) ; the sketch is below. When I saw this sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do. 
I recently purchased a small package of the pink felt flowers at Michael's $1 spot. At the time I did not have anything in mind, but I thought they were cute & the price was right. The second challenge is the CAS-ual Friday (CFC45) challenge to use pastel and black.

I probably wouldn't have used black if it weren't for this challenge, but I like the way it turned out. I'm really happy I got a few hours of play time in the studio. It is going to be a busy weekend with the family so I probably won't get much more stamping time, but my family time is even better than stamping. Thanks for stopping to see me~ your comments & encouragement mean so much to me. I'll get by your blogs by Monday or Tuesday. 
Here's hoping you have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs, 
Marilyn
 Supplies: Stamps: Spring has Sprung by Rupa Shevde (Gina K); Paper: White (neenah), Black (SU!), Pink- from retired DSP-Berry Bliss (SU!); Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento (Tsukineko); Accessories: Circle & Scallop punches (SU!), pink felt flowers with rhinestones (Michaels).

9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty dearie!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW...this is so sweet Marilyn! Love your take on the Sketch!

Thanks for checking on me :) !!! Hope life is treating you well too??? Hugs ~S~

Joan Ervin said...

Your little pink flowers look so pretty and I love how you created the sentiment...you did an awesome job with the sketch!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great idea! Pretty ;)

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Peggy said...

The pink and black are wonderful together! Such a pretty card!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super fun layout and a great use of those sweet felt flowers! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous CAS card! And a Happy Spring too! You seem as Happy as I am about the warmer weather! It's my favorite time of year!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE all the flowers! What a fun sketch!