Thursday, October 7, 2010

Soft Blue Flower

Good morning! I wasn't going to play in the studio this morning, but when I saw Julia's Way to Use It challenge to use tissue paper, I was hooked. Luckily, this card only took about twenty minutes. So I can quickly get back to my chores. I start my new job on Monday so I am trying to get caught up on household odds and ends including Halloween & Fall decorating. DD#1 (dear daughter #1) is coming home from college for the weekend & once she get home (around lunchtime), I will want to spend my time with her.

My card was made with Marine Mist as a base which I covered it with white tulle. I like the soft look. I've not made tissue paper flowers before; this was one of the reasons I jumped on the challenge. I was happily surprised at how easy it was. This flower was made with blue tissue paper and cut with the Nestabilities Dahlia die. I added a velvet floral brad.

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Paper: Marine Mist, Black (SU!), DP- B&W Intricate Swirls (the Paper Studio)
Ink: none
Accessories: White wedding tulle (Michaels), Blue lace ribbon (Wyla Inc), Velvet flower brad (Creative Imaginations), Gemstones (the Paper Studio)

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Sooooo beautiful Marilyn!!! The blue and black is very striking!!! I have a really hard time with blue hues!!! Love the tissue flower too!!!

BTW...CONGRATS on your new job :)!!! Hope you enjoy it??? Hugs ~S~

Sandra Jayne Wingate said...

This is beautiful! The more I see Marina Mist being used the more it is growing on me! Love your tissue paper flower - I haven't tried one yet, and the tulle over the card base is a brilliant idea!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty and elegant design, Marilyn...such classy colors and I love your tissue flower!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! Love your flower!