Saturday, February 13, 2010

IC219 Blue Bird

True confessions- I am not a hoarder but I do save things that show promise for being reused. {Isn't that what all hoarders, say?} Well, it is true I am not a hoarder; maybe a recovering 'saver' but after having to clean an entire basement and countless closets in preparation for moving after fourteen years, I have changed my ways. Now, I par down my closet every season and give away shoes and clothes that I haven't worn. I decorate sparingly {except for Christmas}. I recycle my magazines even the card making ones after a year. Typically if I do not have a specific upcoming purpose for something- it's gone. I like to believe in the law of abundance, I will find what I need when I have a need.

So I really don't hold onto lots of things except when there is real promise for reuse. And when it comes to reusing items, I am a pro...and this print is one of those few things I have saved. In it's former life it was a page of a calendar from 2008; the prints were beautiful so I stashed it away in my studio. And now I am in vogue because re-using is in style. Before I was cheap instead thrifty and green...both trendy attributes. Ha- I've been trendy for a long time. So, today I used this saved calendar print from Cavallini as the center piece for my Inspirational Challenge card. The inspiration was from this Etsy site.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Please don't hoard your chocolate- please get rid of it & I know you know the best way to do that.

Recipe:
Image: Print from Cavallini calendar
Paper: Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip, Gable Green, DP-Autumn Meadows (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip for distressing
Accessories: CB embossing folder-script texture (Provocraft), bashful blue ribbon (SU!), blue flower (Prima), button (stash)

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I'm not a hoarder either. I hate clutter. LOVE this card. Good thing you hung onto this print. Its gorgeous!

Ginny said...

ummmm, Im a hoarder..lol I hate clutter but it seems to love me..lol I have way tooo much "stuff" but am getting better at passing on things we dont/wont use

LOVE this image, fab card

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous

Kim said...

This is a beautiful way to re-purpose! And I admire your faith and strong will to both get rid of stuff you don't need and to believe you will have what you need!