Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here's My Heart

This card is for my DH for Valentine's Day. I used the SCS IC 218 challenge as inspiration. Erte has wonderful art, both prints and sculptures; and I chose this 'Heart II' print as my inspiration. I love the art deco images especially the women but I have no such image in my large {substitute the words huge, overflowing, ridiculous} collection. That's probably due to the fact that the art deco is not my style although I love the look.

I have the hardest time making cards for my husband. He is a super supportive, caring and nurturing individual but a real manly man. He has been taking really good care of me through this somewhat depressing stage after the loss of my mom, our new empty nest, my challenging job, and well, the winter season. So I hope this card is manly enough and also expresses my deep love and gratitude.

I'm off to take care of the weekend chores. I hope to visit the IC218 gallery again later tonight. Have a great weekend, friends!

Recipe:
Image: Boho Blossoms (MFT), corner flourish-
Wedding (Hampton Art)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black (SU!), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Real Red (SU!), Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Accessories: D'vine Swirl embossing folder (CB-ProvoCraft), Nestabilities Classic Heart (Spellbinders), Red rhinestone bling (Studio 18)

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful Design Marilyn LOVE the embossing!

Anne Harada said...

Hi Marilyn! What a gorgeous card for DH! Love the swirly theme going on here!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog this week!! Email me your address!! You guessed the card was from Anne Harmon right off the bat!! How the heck did you know???!! LOL!!

Hugs GF!
Anne

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous, Marilyn! LOVE this!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, what a sweet card for your sweet husband. I'm sure he will love this!

Deelite said...

Great card. I am sure your wonderful husband will enjoy this card. Your design is to be admired. What an exceptional husband you have that has helped you through these tough times. I am so sorry about your mother. I still have my mom, so it is hard to know exactly what your huge void feels like, but I feel your pain, my friend. I am here, if you need me.
Dee