Saturday, January 9, 2010

Icy Leaves, Purple Sky

Happy Saturday! It is still freezing here in the Midwest but the wind has died down in St. Louis so it actually felt warm at 6 degrees. Well, maybe I should say felt warmer than the past few days.

This card was created for two challenges. The SCS Inspirational Challenge, IC214, finding inspiration from M.Wilson's etsy store. I chose her Indigo and Onyx print except I changed the colors to purple hues. The second challenge was the Paper Craft Planet's Sketch Challenge, SK010910.

I find purple challenging although I love it. I just never seem happy with coordinating colors with purple (except for my fav- blue). I messed around for hours, changed colors, then finally settled with the pixie pink. What's your opinion of purple? I am not sure how much I like the card, but I like that it is done. Even though it sounds like I am whinning~ I had a wonderful afternoon with no commitments & I just played! Maybe tomorrow will be a better mojo day.

Have a great evening!

Recipe:
Stamps: Best Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate chip, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Orchid Opulence, Pixie Pink (SU!); DP-Pocket full of Posies (DCWV)
Ink: Perfect Plum, Craft White (SU!)
Accessories: Boho Blossom & Modern Label punches (SU!), Scallop Corner punch (Marvy), Winter White embossing powder (SU!), purple gemstones (Paper Studio)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my I LOVE the purple!! What a beautiful layout!!! Love the layers and how you did your corners!!! Wonderful card!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

I'm lovin' all the purple too!!! Beautiful card!!! Hugs ~S~

Kim said...

I think you did a super job with the purples, beautiful card!