Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baja Pizzaz




The Splitcoaststampers weekly color challenge is so much fun. And today was especially delightful as the chosen colors were my favorites. The blues - Baja Breeze and Pacific Point with Garden Green. I used one of the new SU! catalog's stamp set called Petal Pizzaz. It has a funky retro look. The Rock 'n Roll technique was used for the large flower; inked up the stamp with the lighter, Baja Breeze, and then rolled the edges on the darker Pacific Point ink pad.

All supplies from Stampin' Up.
Stamps: Petal Pizzaz
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Garden Green, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Garden Green, Brillant Blue Marker
Accessories: 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon, 1/16" hole punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals
Techniques: Rock 'n Roll, Masking, distressing/sponging

I've been keeping up with the Project 365 and will post those pages in the days to come. This is such a cool project~ I can't wait to share the pages with you!
We had quite a bit of snow today in the St. Louis area. Most schools were closed including my daughters. I was fortunate to be able to work from home today.
Stay warm!

No comments: