Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Figgy Flourish

Hello Friends!
My card today was made for two SCS challenges. First, yesterday's color challenge, SCS CC648, to use Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Fresh Fig and Vanilla. I subbed white for vanilla.
The second was today's sketch challenge, SC658.

It took me a while to get a combination of the sketch and the colors that was pleasing to my eye. I cut the flourish in all three colors, tried the negative, had two different card base colors & multiple color combos of layer 2 and 3.  I just kept trying different arrangements until I came up with this. I have been CASEing most of my cards from Pinterest & so my own design mojo has taken a long holiday. I really enjoyed the process & why I wanted to get back to the challenges. I didn't get even a little frustrated but rather I just enjoyed the organic nature of creating something on my own. My own kind of challenge to resist frustration, if you know what I mean!

Thanks for stopping & have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Birthday (SU)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Fresh Fig, DSP- Floral Flourishes (SU), Solar White #110 (Neenah)
Paper size: A2
Ink: Fresh Fig  (SU)
Accessories: Flourish thinlits (SU), patterned paper cutter blade 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job combining both the challenges. I liked how you assembled the different layers. Really eye pleasing. Loved this card.