Saturday, August 25, 2012

Holiday Cardinal

Hi blogger friends! It's been a while for me; lots of contributing factors to my absence. Some good, some not so wonderful but thankfully none of the circumstances have been tragic. I do expect to have a lot more time for creating cards, scrapbook pages & maybe even some crafty projects every now & then. 

Without further jibber-jabber, my card today is for two challenges from Splitcoaststampers. The first is the Sketch Challenge 399 from earlier this week as shown below. Love this one...very versatile. The second challenge is for the Inspirational Challenge where I chose this cardinal porcelain figurine from the selected website, Wind & Weather; the figurine is also shown below. 


Obviously I substituted the dogwood for holly as I wanted to get started on my holiday cards. I added get a touch of crystal effects on the cardinal to give it a polished look. Thanks for stopping over today & I look forward to being more active in our stamping community & I am anxious to spend some time on your blogs seeing your wonderful creations.  

Supplies: Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted
Stamps: A Beautiful Season, More Merry Messages
Paper: Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, DSP- non SU, from stash
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), SU markers
Accessories: Poppy Parade ribbon, Labels 8 & Ribbon Tags (Spellbinders), pearl brad (Spare Parts)

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card!

Kelly Griglione said...

Look at you making Christmas cards already! Well done.