Monday, November 28, 2011

VO Ribbon Challenge & Sale

Hey blogger friends! I hope my US friends had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I loved being off for 4 days in a row. It was such a treat to spend time with family and in my studio. This week is my last week at my current job. I have really enjoyed this job and will miss the people, but I was offered a real exciting opportunity. I am hopeful that I won't have to put in 60 hours a week to keep up & the location is much closer to home which will give me more STAMPING and creating time! I know I will be busy in the beginning trying to learn the business, department and my job, but I am ever hopeful it will be closer to 40 hours a week once I settle in.

Anyway, here is the card I created for the Victorine Originals Challenge to use ribbon. Easy peezy, right?!  Check out the VO online catalog while you are at it, because Vicki is offering half-price on all unmounted stamps but just through tonight.


 Don't you just love the sentiment?! Cracks me up.I also used the sketch from Clean & Simple FTL168 challenge. It was fun making a non-holiday card for a change even if I love making holiday cards, a little variety is good, right?!

I used my Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage paper and die cuts. I love this retired collection and I have hardly used it. It just seemed perfect for these two challenges.
Have a great day! Hugs,

Marilyn

Supplies:
Stamps: Secret of Youth- 1244-E (Victorine Originals) 
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Basic Black (SU), DP-Bayberry Cottage (Pink Pasilee)
Accessories: Scallop Circle & Fancy Tags 1 (Spellbinders), Black grosgrain ribbon (SU) 
 

4 comments:

Peggy said...

What a beautiful mix of patterns and I love the black and green! Beautiful card! Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday weekend. Good luck with the new job!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful card, Marilyn! I love the sentiment. I am glad you had a great 4 day weekend and congrats on your new job! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty birthday card! I love the colors and the sentiment! Congrats on your new job!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend! Your card is beautiful...perfect take on the sketch! Congrats on your new job opportunity!!! I wish I don't have to work...LOL...it definitely put a cramp into my stampin' time...sniff!!!

Wishing you a wonderful week...hugs ~S~