Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Snowflake

Happy Sunday! Here's my take on two challenges. First, the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoaststampers where Kris was chosen as FS199. I chose this card of hers to case. With the FS challenge, you change some things and keep others. Sometimes it happens for me that my project ebs and flows in directions that I really hadn't intended when I started. Thus is the case with this card, but I hope you can see Kris' card in my inspiration. I kept her design, the same number of layers with a coordinating color between the two white pieces of cardstock, the two color base and layer, and lots of open space. I changed the colors, changed the location of the ribbon, and changed the images.

The second challenge is the Etsy Inspired Challenge (EIC116). I chose this from Koniver's shop. I love the blues and the white border. I really like this etsy inspired challenge & I wish I could play more often. It is very fun to see the shops on Etsy; for me it is another way to keep up with trends & experience unique items. I find that studying other art objects and unique things expands my creativity. This card although CAS took me a while as I had to experiment with inks. I ended up using craft ink for the snowflake as my dye ink and hybrid ink did not "take up" well by the acrylic stamp and I could not get even coverage. All of the stamps from this set have "hidden" images and if you look close you can see candles and birds in this one.

Have a great day, friends! Thank you for all your lovely comments. I am inspired and in awe by your art; you help me to strive for the best in me. And although I have not personally met most of you, I am grateful and a richer person because for our friendship. {{Hugs}}

Supplies:
Image: Snowflake from Holiday Silhouettes (Inkadinkado), Sentiment- Swirled Snowflakes (SU!)
Paper: White (Markie's finest paper), Night of Navy, Pacific Point (SU)
Ink: Night of Navy-craft (SU)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels)

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card! Don't you just love Kris' wonderful gallery? I have to do a card to honor her, hopefully today. Just came upon your blog after seeing you posted a card on EtsyInspired. Didn't know you had a blog or just had not noticed until I starting blogging. It is amazing all I have discovered since I began my blog. LOL

Julie said...

This is beautiful!

de said...

Gorgeous color inspiration! Beautiful!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous snowflake ... fabulous Etsy Inspired Design.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so elegant and beautiful! I love it! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

kssdesigns said...

What a beautiful snowflake. I love the simplicity of this card!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! I adore this design! So beautiful!Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Queenie said...

This card is SOOOOO elegant and beautiful!! I totally love the HIDDEN images, and went back to the card, just to look at them!! LOVELY!! Thanks for playing EIC with us this week!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautifully crisp and clean. :)

Sandy Ang said...

Such an elegantly designed and executed card!

Jillwag said...

This is just a wonderful snowflake! So elegantly pretty! Love the Night of Navy color for it! Ahhhh!