Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Leaves


Happy Sunday! I haven't had much time to stamp lately, so last night and today I took the opportunity to combine several challenges from the past week that interested me. When I don't create regularly, I get in a bit of a slump and have trouble with my creative juices and also cards take me a while to complete. So I humbly share this one with you.

It combines several challenges; first, the SCS LSC241 to not use embellishements and to make your stamped image the central theme. This was pretty challenging for me but when I added the scoring the card didn't seem too plain, but it is rather simple. The second challenge was the SC248 from last week, and last challenge was the IC200 challenge. I used the Chocolate Twist bag from Kir DeVires as my inspiration. The print on the bag reminded me of the DSP Autumn Leaves from SU.

One of things I did accomplish instead of stamping was to clean my studio. I had a very hectic summer and I quit putting away my supplies and papers after creating a card. Things just piled up; it was hard to find things and even harder for me to be creative in a messy area. In addition to needing to put things away, I had outgrown my organization and need to re-do my storage. A few weeks ago, my DH and I mounted rods for my punches and on Friday, I added corner shelves. I really love my studio, especially when it is clean and organized! This is my little haven away from stress and worry. I hope you have a special spot for just you!

Recipe:
Stamp: Tags & More
Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, DSP- Autumn Leaves (SU!)
Ink: CHocolate Chip craft
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Scor-Pal

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fabulous CAS card! The images are just perfect for this sketch. I'm so jealous you have a nice clean studio to work in. I work in a messy closet! But soon, in another 8 months I can start building my studio. I'm just waiting for the last kid to leave for college and my daughter to get married. LOL!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card!! I can clean up my craft table and five minutes later it is back all messy again!!