Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Art Gallery- Swap Card

 

Hi Friends! 

Today’s card features a new suite of products from Stampin’Up called “Fine Art Floral”. This is the same suite as last Wednesday’s card. You’ll be seeing a lot of this product line as I’m demonstrating it in a virtual event hosted by my friend, Sally Nusbaum. I’m busy making lots of samples to showcase. Other demonstrators will be showcasing other new product suites found in the Jan -June mini catalog. Each participant received a box of pre-cut supplies & will stamp along making 9 different cards by the end of the day. It’s a ton of fun. Let me know if you’re interested & I’ll send you a notice for the next event  

Anyway... about this card... on a card base of Soft Sea Foam, I stamped the bunch of flowers in opposite corners using Soft Sea Foam ink  Using our Stitched Nested dies, I cut a vellum piece & topped it with a smaller Petal Pink piece that was embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. On top is the flower bunch stamped in Petal Pink, accented in Flirty Flamingo (on white card stock). All those layers are popped up with dimensionals. 

Under the entire panel is the beautiful Fine Art ribbon. A subtle bit of gold adds elegance to any card, don’t you think?  I used the Fine Tip glue to add gems from the Flower for Every Season gems. These are great not only for shaker cards but as embellishments if you have patience & a steady hand. Our new Opal rounds would have looked great but I hadn’t received mine yet. 

Regarding those gems, the easiest way I’ve found to put down non-adhesive backed elements is to put a dot of clear liquid glue directly on the card stock where I want the embellishment & then using tweezers, I gently place that embellishment on top of the dot of liquid glue. Set aside to dry. At the discount store, I bought a set of two tweezers & dedicated them to my card making “kit” right along with my scissors. 

Supplies:All Stampin’Up
Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Vellum, Petal Pink, White
Stamps: Art Gallery
Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo
Dies: Floral Gallery dies, Stitched Nested dies
Accessories: Subtle 3D EF, Flower for Every Season gems, Fine Art ribbon and lots & lots of dimensionals-LOL.

No comments: