Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Life - My Method

Happy New Year, friends!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. We certainly did; the DDs (dear daughters) were home from college & we had lots of fun togetherness.

We're getting back to our non- holiday lives; we've packed away the Christmas decor. Im getting back to my healthy eating & exercise routines. Today I want to share with you one of my 2013 goals: Document our life through photos & journaling- A Project Life Goal. 

I attempted this goal in 2010, but I wasn't able to keep up. So I thought long & hard about why it didn't work back then & how I could make it easy on myself.  I'm not into berating myself over "failures" but rather look at them as opportunities. How can I change & adapt the project & myself so that I can be successful? It's always helpful for me to be crystal clear about my goal & define the parameters. 


One of my first realizations was that I needed to have a dedicated space in my studio for Project Life.  A space that I can leave partially finished pages to return to later to finish. Then I can work in small blocks of time & reduce stress. That space needed to have an organization system for journal notecards, paper, journaling & date stamps, pens & embellishments so that things are handy & neat; if it is too messy then stress levels increase & production decreases. 


So today I want to show you my first step to my goal. My first project was to clean & organize my studio to make a work station for Project Life. I cant believe it took all day but then I also cleaned a corner piled with supplies & re-organized several other spots in the studio. Below is a picture of my Project Life work station. 
As you can see, I have a nice sunshiny place- two windows in the studio that bring in morning light. The work island is big & in other areas I have my cricut and big shot.  


I put a self healing mat on the work surface & directly behind it is a desktop organizer. Here I am keeping my main supplies. 12 x 12 paper, 6 x 6 designer paper packs, stamps, journal tags, some paper & other flat embelishments and pens. To the left is a tray to house washi tape & glue, date stamp, . To the right are a few collections of embellishments that I plan to use. Also to the left is a small container to house completed journal cards that are awaiting their corresponding photos that need printing. To the left is a medium sized bucket that isn't dedicated to Project Life but works well in the space. The bucket holds my newest stamps & the next upcoming holiday stamps; it has some Valentine's stamps & embellishments now. 







In my next Project Life post, I will share my adaptions to the traditional Project Life. And soon I'll have a card to share. 

Have a great day! Hugs!!

No comments: