Saturday, May 21, 2011

Virtual Stamp Night

Happy Weekend, friends! Over on Splitcoaststampers, it's Virtual Stamp Night! I LOVE VSN!! Every hour a challenge is posted; you have 45 minutes to create. The theme this VSN is "Pirate Party". But you don't have to have a loads of pirate stuff; mostly your imagination will do. There were 5 challenges posted last night and another 10 will be posted today starting at 11am CST (12pm EST). I made this card for the MAY11VSNE or the "E' challenge called Sea Dogs and Land Lubbers. Make a project with boat or beach images! 

I just got the new SU! stamp set called "The Open Sea" from the new Summer Mini catalog. Love it- great for guy cards!! My card is all SUO except for the DP which I picked up at a discount store as part of a package of 20 double sided papers for $2. I just couldn't pass that up. For the Soft Suede panel, I wadded & crumpled & distressed using the distress tool on the cutter kit; then I stamped it in Soft suede with the background stamp in the new set. I distressed the twill tape with Soft Suede ink directly on the twill. Flag cut the ends and added a couple of retired vintage brads & called it done. Hope you like it!
I won't be able to play all the VSN challenges as we are still busy putting the house back together including my studio. {will this ever be done?!??} But I am sure to play a few more challenges this weekend so please stop by again. I'll be e-around in the evenings with my laptop in my favorite chair with a cup of tea enjoying your blogs.

Have a great weekend, 
Marilyn

All Supplies by Stampin’ Up unless noted
Stamps: The Open Sea
Paper: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede; DP- Dead Men Don’t Tell Lies (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Night of navy, Soft Suede
Accessories: 3/8” Twill tape, Vintage brads (retired)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW these colors are just PERFECT with that image, WHAT a FABULOUS creation!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous guys card! Love it!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

gorgeous card!!!!!love the texture and the distressing!!!!!
tfs:)