Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blue Bird

Today was such a fabulous day! My crafty girlfriends & I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention. We took a class together; I went earlier & took one on my own. I have a few more things to do to the scrapbook pages, but I'll post soon. THen we shopped & had a nice dinner together. And to top it off, it was such a nice weather day I drove with the convertible top down. Honestly, in my book, it doesn't get any better than that. I'm still smiling! :)

Here's a card I made tonight after returning home; it was for the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration challenge (IC279). I chose these bird postcards as my inspiration as I have the new SU! Nature Walk stamp set & I've been anxious to ink it up. I started with K & Co's Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna DP. I stamped my bird in Bermuda Bay except the feet; then masked the birds body to add the feet in soft suede. With the bird still masked, I stamped two-thirds of the DP with French Script background stamp in Pumice Stone Distress Ink, I left the background off the floral image. Next I added the to the corner a seal image in Melon Mambo from the retired SU!Travel Post.

I placed the stamped DP on Bermuda Bay & then Craft cardstock. At the top of the Kraft cardstock, I used a stitch template & then zig-zaged with embroidery floss. The crocheted lace is from Making Memories. Last I used some retired SU! hardware & topped it with a Melissa Fraces felt flower with a fabric brad. Then the entire panel was put on an Early Espresso card base.

It was really cool today because I got to meet Melissa Frances. I walked by her booth & she was teaching a make and take...I walked right past & then did a double take & went back to say hello. The felt flower on this card came in a little $1 grab bag with more flowers, bling, ribbon, crocheted flowers and polka dot alphabet. Of course I had to buy more things like glass glitter and crystal chandelier drops.
I hope you had a nice Saturday! Hugs,

Marilyn

3 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous, Marilyn! Love this card! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card! It has such a soft, romantic, vintage feel. Love it!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, this is absolutely stunning, Marilyn...I just love the collage style with all the wonderful stamps and details...WOW!!!