Saturday, August 28, 2010

VSN Challenge Cards





Here are my cards for tonight's Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) Challenges over on SplitcoastStampers. I am so excited to play as I haven't been able to play for several years. I have this evening and all day tomorrow open. Nothing better than stamping all day!

I really need a lift too. This past week I started meeting with my career coach since my position at work was eliminated with a restructure. Last Friday, 8/20, was my last day. I received a good severance package so I won't have to worry about income for a while which is quite reassuring. I'm optimistic that I'll find a rewarding position. Keep me in your thoughts, please.

Back to the cards. I missed the first challenge, but hopefully I can start early tomorrow and make a card for it too. My first pictured was for the "B" challenge ( AUG10VSNB); the challenge was to incorporate a window. The second card was for the 'C" challenge (AUG10VSNC); we were to use the wax paper cuttlebug resist technique.

Our challenge on the third card, "D" (AUG10VSND), was to be inspired by the camping theme. I don't really care for camping. Here in the midwest, I get eaten alive by mosquitoes if I stay out past dusk. Plus I'm not a big fan of all the other creepy, crawly things. But I do love nature, the outdoors & I love to stay in the cabins or lodges at the state & national parks. We took our daughters on a 'western states" vacation & one of our stops was the Grand Canyon. How beautiful! We stayed in a cabin there. Each morning right outside our cabin was an Elk grazing on the tree's foliage. That is one HUGE animal; downright intimadating when you are only six feet away. Thus the inspiration for this card.

My last card was for the last challenge for the evening ( AUG10VSNE) and we were to be inspired by summer vacations. We took some vacations when I was a kid, but mostly we stayed home. We rode our bikes everywhere. One of my best girlfriend's family had a tandem bicycle which is what inspired my card.

That's it for tonight! I'll post the rest of the VSN cards on Sunday. Hugs!

AUG10VSNB supplies:
Image: Sweet of You (SU-retired) {I still love this set}
Paper: Pear Pizazz, Rich Razzleberry, White (SU), DSP- Green at Heart (Basic Grey)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento), Pear Pizazz, Rich Razzleberry,Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: 1/2" Pear Pizazz poly ribbon (SU), Cha Ching brad (Brazzill), Velvet flower (7 Gypsies)

AUG10VSNC supplies:
Image: A Little Bit of Happiness (SU-retired)
Paper: Barely Banana, Soft Suede, Glossy (SU)
Ink: Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz-Distressed-Ranger)
Accessories: Wax paper, Iron, Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Cuttlebug, Twine.

AUG10VSND supplies:
Image: Yukon (SU-retired)
Paper: Mellow Moss, River Rock, Vanilla, DSP-Fall Traditions (SU)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Accessories: Thread, Twine, eyelets (SU!), oval punches (SU), Zipdry glue.
Info:

AUG10VSNE supplies:
Image: Pedaling Past (SU)
Paper: Ballet Blue, Old Olive, DSP-The Paper Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Bling Flourish (Want2Scrap)

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I've never played VSN before Cause I never had the time. It looks like you get a lot accomplished! Your cards are amazing. I really love the second one. The paper and layout go great with the image, and the elk card is a fabulous masculine card. I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. I will keep you in my thought and prayers.

kssdesigns said...

These are all so pretty!