Sunday, May 16, 2010

Con-GRAD-ulations!

Today's Featured Stamper over on SCS was Cathleen (aka ctorina). Cathleen has a beautiful gallery; she makes the most amazing cards with beautiful flowers and ribbon. However, today I needed to get busy making graduation cards. We have several family friends who are finishing their HS years.

I chose to case Cathleen's Whimsical Sheep card. I kept the colors because these are the school colors for the graduating senior. I also kept the design. I changed the papers, the central panel to embossed words and the embellishments.

Have a great week!

Supplies:
Image: Embossed folder- 2 X 2.75 - Congrats (ProvoCraft)
Paper: Black, White, Baja Breeze, Real Red (SU); DP- Real Red (SU-mat pack), Offbeat (Basic Grey)
Ink: None
Accessories: Grad Cap (Sandylion stickers)- the tassel was yellow and I exchanged it with blue embroidery floss, Diploma- handmade with copy paper and embroidery floss, edge punch (Fiskars)

5 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

wow! What a great graduation card! I love the embossed sentiment and how you added the hat and diploma! Great job!

Crystal said...

Oh wow this is one great Grad card girl...LOVE the scroll and the cap!! The embossing is fabulous, great design!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I just LOVE this grad card, Marilynn! Fabulous!

kssdesigns said...

I just finished a bunch of super simple graduation cards and I sure wish I had seen yours first! I so would have cased them. These are perfect for the graduates!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This turned out great!! Love that little embossing folder - wonderful for a graduation card! Need to check this out our DD is graduating in June.