Thursday, April 22, 2010

Decorative Gift Box and Cards


It has taken me several weeks working off and on to complete this project. Inside the box are fifteen handmade A2 cards with envelopes and six gift cards with envelopes. Over the next several days, I will share the different cards.

This set is for the wife of my medical director (my doctor boss). For Christmas several years ago, she knit a beautiful winter scarf for me~ it is a real work of art. She has commented on the cards I have sent them for the different holidays. So this past year when she returned to her profession of teaching, I wanted to give her some personalized note cards. When she is done with the cards, she will still have a pretty box with her initial.

The box was made by following Gina K's stamp TV video instructions for the Decorative Greeting Card holder. The videos and instructions from Gina K. are great- the video captures the how-to details and close-ups as needed and the instructions are introduced in an easy to follow manner. The base uses a recycled tissue box, cardstock and decorative papers.

The thank you card below is one of four in the set. I thought she could use a few of these apple cards as a teacher.Please check back tomorrow for a view of more cards. Thanks for stopping here!

Hugs, Marilyn

No comments: