Thursday, September 10, 2009

TDS Challenge Card

Here we are with another Thursday challenge from The Digi Shack. I just love these challenges because it is never the same...sometimes its a recipe challenge, sometimes a color challenge and today it is a sketch challenge. You just never know, but one thing you can count on is that it will be FUN! Yesterday the TDS hosted the sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
And that is the challenge for The Digi Shack today...two in one!

Here is a picture of the sketch, but you will want to check out the Sweet Sketch Wednesday and The Digi Shack blog for all the deets.

Below is my take on the challenge. I used TDS's Santa Baby image (which is now only $1 as are all TDS images except Lani and the packs). I did some serious distressing and added some gold pearl-ex. See my previous post on how I make a pearl-ex spray.

Recipe:
Image: Santa Baby (The Digi Shack), Sentiment-Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU!), DP- Christmas Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red; Markers: Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Brillant Blue, Basic Black; Watercolor Pencils-White (all Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Circle and Scallop circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (ProvoCraft), Modern Label Punch (SU!), Pearl-ex (Jacquard products for SU! {retired}), Cutter Kit (Stampin' Up), Sponges (stash)

6 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love your card, Marilyn! That santa image is beautitful and I love the way you sponged around the edges! :)

Crystal said...

OOO WOW what a GREAT Santa!! Great job with the sketch!

Kim said...

Great card! I love the sketch and the image is wonderful. Beautiful coloring and great paper choice!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card!! Love your coloring on the Santa!

Ginny said...

LOVE that Santa, great interpretation of the sketch on this fab card :0)

Alysabeth said...

I LOVE it Marilyn:o) I've yet to use that image and simply think it's the best. I love what you did with the sketch.