Thursday, August 13, 2009

Digi Diva Challenge


Happy Thursday! I love Thursdays. Why you may ask? One reason is that there is only one more day of the work week to have to wake up & start the sprint to get ready. {A slower wake up, sipping coffee is more my style, which is what the weekends allow most often}. The other reason I love Thursday's is the Digi Shack's weekly challenge. I love seeing what everyone creates & the variety of cards that are made while adhering to specific criteria.

{I think I already blabbed on an earlier post how much I like challenges}.

This week Joni challenged us to make a card using handbags or shoes to salute the new images at The Digi Shack. I started with a 6X6 square of Brocade Blue and used my Scor-Pal to create the scores across the top. Next, using my sewing machine, I stitched the DSP together to create the lower layer. My shoe images were colored or paper pierced. The bow was created using the bow easy.

Have a great day!

Images: Shoes (The Digi Shack), Sentiment-First in Fashion (retired Stampin Up!)
Paper: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Garden Green, WW (SU!), DSP- Prestwick (retired SU!)
Ink: Garden Green, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Brocade Blue 5/8" grossgrain ribbon, Bow Easy, ScorPal

3 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOWEE how fun!! I LOVE those shoes and your design girl!!! Awesome card!

kssdesigns said...

I really like your take on this weeks challenge. Awesome layout and creative use of the images!

Peggy said...

Love those shoes, especially the paper pieced ones!! Great card!
I am right there with you on waking up to a slower pace and sipping coffee.That is what you will find me doing on the weekends too!!