Thursday, May 14, 2009

TDSC05 Lani arrives


Here's my take on The Digi Shack's challenge this week. Mandy gave us an awesome sketch; you can see it on The Digi Shack website. I chose Lani this week- she a beauty don't you think? I love her pretty little face.

I rarely make square cards, but it just seemed to fit this week's sketch. I colored Lani with markers this week for the Splitcoast color challenge (CC218- only orange, summer sun, old olive). The paper is from the new Basic Grey series called offbeat. I just love this pad- it has some fun and funky designs including some little birds. The orange rick rack was obtained from the sewing section at my local craft store (LCS). I actually purchased it to use with some SU! DSP which is on the list of 'things I want to make'. Is your list as long as mine?!!
I have had the flowers and the little acrylic brads (called 'scrapbook nails') in my stash for quite some time. The last little thing I did was to paper pierce in a semi-circle in the upper left corner. I used my coluzzle as a arc pattern and free-lanced the spacing between paper piercings.
postscript: image updated 5.19.09 with daylight shot
Recipe:
Image: Digi Shack - Lani
Paper: Old olive, summer sun, ww (all SU!), DSP- offbeat (basic grey)
Ink: markers- old olive, summer sun, only orange, cameo coral, creamy caramel
Embellishments- orange rick rack (Wright), flowers (stash), 'scrapbook nails'- Scrapbook interiors (old- from stash), colluzle circles

11 comments:

Jacilynn said...

Oooh, I love the colors. and love the sponging on your card.

Crystal said...

Such a fun card!!! The sponging and image look fantastic!!!

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

LOL! I did a beach theme today too..so did funpapercandy..hey maybe were all ready for the beach ourselves!!..Great card!! Love it!
TFS!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Wow! All of the details are wonderful! Such a gorgeous card.

specialcraftmom4 said...

what a neat card! I had no idea you were Blogging! I am going to add you to my favorites (:

kssdesigns said...

Great card. I'm lovin' all the orange!

Kristen said...

Great card, Lani looks great as a blond!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is so cool, awesome job. Hugs cindy xxoo

Heidi said...

quite alluring isn't she?

Cheryl Walker said...

She is very pretty, and I love the colors on this tooo!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, such bright and fun colors!