Monday, December 15, 2008

Wassail Cardinal



Here is another simple card using the Wassail DSP from Basic Grey. I love these elegant papers for their sheer beauty but also because I can still make a special creation without spending hours. Time savers are especially important this time of year when I try to cram a whole lot of fun with family and friends and still find time for shopping, baking and otherwise spoiling the people I love. (did I mention working too? LOL)

We also love cardinals at our home~ Spring and Summer time baseball Cardinals are our favorites, and holiday cardinal images are great for sending to our fellow St. Louis friends.

For this card, I stamped the cardinal from the new SU set, A Cardinal Christmas in Riding Hood Red on vanilla cardstock that was cut using rectangle nestabilities. I masked the cardinal and sponged with always artichoke and mellow moss.


Recipe as follows:
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas, Lots of Thoughts (Stampin' Up)
Papers: Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Vanilla (Stampin' Up), Wassail (Basic Grey)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)



Have a great Tuesday! Marilyn

No comments: